Friday, July 20, 2018

Bleeding Heart Mixed Media Canvas

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be here with you today :)
Sharing my first post for the Artist Playground Challenge Design Team. 

As i looked at the challenge this month and read the summary, I had to question myself about my work and what it means to me. I typically do altered art and mixed media. And each piece can be quite different, but for my first go here, I went mixed media canvas. 

This piece was a combination of me thinking and wanting to convey how i often feel My heart is much too big for this world. For my own body. That may sound weird, but bare with me. I am a very anxious person. I get weighed down very easily by sadness and other things going on in life. So many times I wonder why I feel the need to expose myself so much. 


But at the end of the day. I am who I am! I am definitely emotional, a bleeding heart. And that's what I wanted this piece to show. The small fragile doll laying on huge heart.  Trying to fly with my little paper wings, but not yet knowing how. 


I used all the colors from the mood board, and even took some paint skins and placed them randomly around my piece to incorporate that. 

I also decided, for this project, nothing new! As in , do not OPEN any package. I grabbed a canvas I had already inked the sides on like a year ago. Grabbed my "left over" bins, flowers, embelllishments, etc....  I wanted to just recycle and stop consuming more and more goods and use what I had. 

I have to say this color scheme is definitely a hard one for me. I don't think I have used yellow but a handful of times, but thats the amazing thing of this blog! It challenges us! So I hope you will join along and play this month! Can't wait to see your entries! 
Hugs and love to you all- Miranda Edney <3 p="">


No comments:

Post a Comment